Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

squeaky type noises from BFA

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Re: squeaky type noises from BFA

Postby alienlady » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:34 am

I don't think it is a toy noise after all :lol: I think I have realised what it is now ( or maybe not) :lol:
Liseth makes this noise mostly when I cover her house at bedtime. It is white with flowers on, which she loves to look at. Last night I was going to change to a new cover , she was pushing the new one off and shouting at me. I returned her usual one and she immediately calmed down, looked at her flowers and made her noise. :lol: :thumbsup:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon
Flight: Yes

Postby alienlady » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:40 am

Pajarita wrote:
alienlady wrote:You could be right Pajarita ! Why didn't I think of that :lol: I need an idiot hat for asking really stupid questions :roll: First I.ask what is gloop only to find that I had been making it for years but didn't know it had a name :lol: :lol: and now this :roll: :lol: :lol:

Oh. Lordy, Lady, if we are all going to need to wear an 'idiot hat' every time we ask a question that has an obvious answer, I am going to buy shares on the company that makes them! :lol: Don't worry about it and keep on asking! It's always easier to see things clearly from a distance than it is when we have the thing right in front of our faces and, like they say in Spanish: four eyes see more than two! Besides, Liz is 100% correct about other people reading our questions and replies and learning from them - it is, after all, the main purpose of a forum. And I am glad you have been feeding gloop all along - I swear by a fresh food diet for parrots!

Thanks Pajarita . To me gloop has just been dinner ! :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby Wolf » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:35 pm

It could be her happy noise. I don't know if there is exactly such a thing but it seems to me that many parrots have one or two noises that they only use when they are relaxed and appear to be happy. Kookooloo has a sound that may be similar to what you describe, but often uses a grinding of the beak sound for this just as much. Mimi, the amazon has a sort of squeaky noise when she is happy. Kiki, Senegal, uses a beak grinding noise when she is happy.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby alienlady » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Thankyou Wolf that is very interesting indeed. I will see it as a happy noise now. Beak grinding is something an old cockatiel used to do but not the rest of the flock. You have made my day having a squeaky Amazon ! :thumbsup: :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:20 am

Yes, they do have happy noises. Senegals actually purr... and Mami YFA goes something like 'What what what'
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby alienlady » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:16 pm

Pajarita wrote:Yes, they do have happy noises. Senegals actually purr... and Mami YFA goes something like 'What what what'

That is so cute :D
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:16 pm

It is! Especially since she does it when she is falling asleep and sounds just like a sleepy old lady complaining about noises :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby alienlady » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:58 am

Pajarita wrote:It is! Especially since she does it when she is falling asleep and sounds just like a sleepy old lady complaining about noises :lol:

Now that is special , I hope you have recorded it :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:38 am

Tupi purrs when he is pleased with something. :D
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure