Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

squeaky type noises from BFA

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

squeaky type noises from BFA

Postby alienlady » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:13 am

I have noticed occasionally that Liseth makes a squeaky sound a little like a mouse.It isn't high pitched though but the only thing that I can compare it to.
Sometimes she does it at bed time and other times during eating . So I'm not sure what she is telling me, any help please ? Is it common amongst BFA's ?
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon
Flight: Yes

Re: squeaky type noises from BFA

Postby liz » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:12 am

I have never heard a squeaky sound from Myrtle but she does make happy noises when she is eating and when she is falling asleep. Rainbow does it too.
Listen for the noise at other times. Hopefully it is her happy noise.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby alienlady » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:55 am

Thankyou Liz that's very helpful :D
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:16 pm

No squeaks over here, either...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby alienlady » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Trust me to have the only squeaker :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:11 pm

She could be imitating a sound she heard and liked. I have a friend that has a gray that makes the same noise the dog squeaky toys make -you know, the rubber ones that have a little thingie inside so when the dog bites on the toy, it squeaks- because she learned it from her dog biting on her toys.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby alienlady » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:55 am

You could be right Pajarita ! Why didn't I think of that :lol: I need an idiot hat for asking really stupid questions :roll: First I.ask what is gloop only to find that I had been making it for years but didn't know it had a name :lol: :lol: and now this :roll: :lol: :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby liz » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:31 am

alienlady wrote:You could be right Pajarita ! Why didn't I think of that :lol: I need an idiot hat for asking really stupid questions :roll: First I.ask what is gloop only to find that I had been making it for years but didn't know it had a name :lol: :lol: and now this :roll: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry 'bout it. Questions you ask may have answers that help those who do not ask.
There is a video, I think it was a Grey, that when squeezed sounded like a squeeze toy.

My Rainbow is hormonal and making enough noise to hear in another room. Then Myrtle started into it and I thought I was really in for it to have two birds in season at the same time. Then I realized that Myrtle is a sympathetic mowner. She is just singing backup.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:02 am

alienlady wrote:You could be right Pajarita ! Why didn't I think of that :lol: I need an idiot hat for asking really stupid questions :roll: First I.ask what is gloop only to find that I had been making it for years but didn't know it had a name :lol: :lol: and now this :roll: :lol: :lol:

Oh. Lordy, Lady, if we are all going to need to wear an 'idiot hat' every time we ask a question that has an obvious answer, I am going to buy shares on the company that makes them! :lol: Don't worry about it and keep on asking! It's always easier to see things clearly from a distance than it is when we have the thing right in front of our faces and, like they say in Spanish: four eyes see more than two! Besides, Liz is 100% correct about other people reading our questions and replies and learning from them - it is, after all, the main purpose of a forum. And I am glad you have been feeding gloop all along - I swear by a fresh food diet for parrots!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby alienlady » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:18 pm

Thanks Liz and Pajarita :D . Luckily I always see the funny side :lol: I certainly did with the gloop. :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Next

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations