Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

"Eat"

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

"Eat"

Postby GreenWing » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:00 pm

She did it! After several years, Chance decided that she wanted to say "eat." It's really cute how she says it. Sometimes it's an "Eeeeet?" But she also says "Eeee?" as she can make mistakes when learning (like us all).

I'm surprised she decided to pick this one up, but she did! :gray:

I'm hoping to get a videocamera to film her talk. But I would need to edit as she has long pauses sometimes in between. I know nothing of editing...
GreenWing
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥
Flight: Yes

Re: "Eat"

Postby liz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:29 am

That is wonderful. The more words they know the safer they will be in life since we don't know" if we will always be there for them. (So sorry to add gloom to such an exciting thing but I have to be practicle since I am 67.) I do like "eeeat."

Rainbow probably knows the word but has not needed to use it. She says "huh" when begging for something someone else is eating. Myrtle has learned from Rainbow.
I have been trying to get them to use the word "food" but they are stubborn.

Congradulations to you and your bird.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Re: "Eat"

Postby Pajarita » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:52 am

:lol: :lol: "Eat!" is a real good word to learn! Sweetpea says "Eat it!" but, to him, it's not a command but a sound that means 'Food'. He also says: "Cutie, cutie, get your carrot! Get your carrot!" but, again, to him, it doesn't mean a command for somebody to eat carrots, it means 'Go eat!' So, when I talk to him, I speak his language and, when I am calling him to come to his cage because his breakfast is served, I go: "Sweetpea, come!" "Eat it!" "Cutie, get your carrot!" "Que rica papa!" :lol: But the amazons in the birdroom use something different to indicate 'food' - Precie goes: "Uuuuuuuuuuuh, LOOK! LOOK! LOOK! HMMMMM, Love it! The bird, the bird, the bird!" So that's what I say to them, adding the "Que rica papa!" and the "Yummy, yummy for the tummy!" as well as the singsong "So yummy, so yummy, there's a party in my tummy!" I learned from Yo Gaba Gaba and my grandkids :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations