Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Sweetpea's happy monologue

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Sweetpea's happy monologue

Postby Pajarita » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:51 am

I couldn't wait until I did my usual update to tell you this. As most of the 'old' people in this site knows, Sweetpea Senegal is my resident genius bird in terms of talking and, especially, cognitive speech [he even makes jokes to make me laugh]. Well, one of his annoying habits is to pester me constantly when he feels I am late with his breakfast by asking "Ready?" over and over again to which he always gets the same reply: "No, not ready. Wait" But, the other day, he happened to fly into the kitchen and perch on my shoulder while I was finishing stirring the flavoring spices into the gloop so, when he asked "Ready?" I replied: "Yes, ready. Eat it! Que rica papa! Go home!" [The 'Go home' is for him to fly back into his cage] And I guess that the fact that he had actually gotten a positive reply for once made him super happy because he immediately let out a string of phrases as follows:

"Eat it! Eat it! Right here! It's right here! That's alright! Kiss me! Kiss the bird! [smack smack smack] Kiss the birdie! [smack smack smack] Where's the birdie?!" And the best part was that I had been trying to teach him peekaboo the right way -and I say the right way because, as he refers to himself as 'Peekabird, I've been covering my face and going "Where's the birdie?" so I can then uncover it and say "PEEKABOO!" But, for some reason and although he always pays attention to it, he had never actually said any of it - but I guess he was paying attention after all because he clearly said "Where's the birdie?" :D
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Sweetpea's happy monologue

Postby liz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:31 am

I just love that.

Myrtle understands and can say a few words. She does mimic Rainbow a lot. Some times she will let go and say every word she has learned from Rainbow but not in any order.
Rainbow has a very full vocabulary and knows what he is saying and asking. He wants an answer too. He does not talk as much as before because Myrtle likes to baby blabber and takes up much of the talking time. When she talks, I listen. He has stuff he has to tell me or ask me.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:25 am

:lol: Well, I can't say in all honesty that I pay attention to everything that Sweetpea says because, sometimes, he is a chatterbox and, sometimes, he drives me crazy with his 'motormouth'!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:00 am

Pajarita wrote::lol: Well, I can't say in all honesty that I pay attention to everything that Sweetpea says because, sometimes, he is a chatterbox and, sometimes, he drives me crazy with his 'motormouth'!

:lol: He has a lot on his mind to let you know about. LOL
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:34 pm

I guess he does at that! :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations