Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Does your parrot talk?

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Re: Does your parrot talk?

Postby Alex » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:23 pm

My Alexandrine Parakeet is starting to talk.
I got him a few months ago, he was nearly a year old when I got him.

He can say "Hello". He does it in different pitches and tones.
I think hes starting to say "what's that"
But can't really tell. :p
:irn:

Hello was his first word. :)
He was also an aviary breed bird (not tame)
But he's pretty tame now.

Video link herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXH_nPfIC9Y
Alex
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Alexandrine
Flight: No

Postby liz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:30 am

:amazon: Rambo can say anything that is on his mind. He may not have all the words needed so he substitutes with the ones he has to make himself know. He not only tells us things but will ask questions that he wants answered. I am Momma. My mother is Grandma. Rachel is Raddel though I don't know why because my son is Chuck. He has a favorite dog he talks to by name, Riddick. The funniest is my aunt. He will call her Betty. She does not like him so she will not answer. After a few times of calling her he will yell AUNT BETTY. His contact call is the name and "Where you at". Sometimes when he sees Riddick outside he will call him "Riddick come here. Come here boy come here". One day after many times of calling I heard him yell "RIDDICK, WHY WON'T YOU COME HERE".
:amazon2: Myrtles vocabulary is that of a two year old kid. She copies a lot of words but does not yet know the meaning. She knows Momma, Grandma, Rachel (sometimes Raddel) and her first name was Rambo of course. She knows "where you at" and "come here" and sometimes uses "what up" instead of hello for a greeting. She doesn't say bye yet. When I tell her no she back talks me in birdie language.
:greycockatiel: Shadow & :greycockatiel: Tommy both say "pretty bird" and "whatcha doin". One time when my hand was in the cage Shadow asked me "watcha doin to the pretty bird". If he can make a sentence and ask a question I am sure he has more words that I am just not catching.
:pied: Lemone' does not talk that I know of. Maybe because the others beat him to it.
:greycockatiel: Shadow & :pied: Sweetie, :pied: Lemone' & Twinkle, :greycockatiel: Tommy & :greycockatiel: Tammy all use the cockatiel contact call to call me. All three males do the Andy Griffith song.
If :swaying: :swaying: Tweetle Dee & Tweetle Dumb talk I am just not getting it.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby SKOShields » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:33 am

Echo came to me with a slight vocabulary, its kind of muddled and hard to make out but he tries. Lol. Every now and then he'll get in a mood and just chatter away and ill hear good boy, pretty bird, hi baby, Saxon (his old name :/ ), step up, and a couple other things i haven't made out yet. He imitates a lot of sounds too, like the microwave, and the house alarm, a couple different whistles, the kissy sound I make when I (try to) kiss him, as well as a meow and a purring sound, a squeaky toy soundhe blows raspberries and he laughs. A lot. Lol he even seems to do it in context. We'll be watching tv and something funny will happen and he'll chuckle. its really cute. :) and he's really not too shy about any of it, he does it when we have company or when were out and about.
He also like to growl when I pick him up sometimes, he tries to be all big and bad and try to scare me away, but I think he's learning it doesn't work.
Sharon And Echo
SKOShields
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot
Flight: No

Previous

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations