Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Your time is up.

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Your time is up.

Postby Pajarita » Wed May 06, 2020 9:19 am

In truth, the only reason why I posted this here even though it's mainly an article about a guy I know nothing about is because it mentions his quaker, Indy (very unfortunately clipped) and what it said to the reporter - and you all know how much I love quakers and how I think they are so underappreciated in terms of smarts and their ability to talk - ability that is, without a doubt, always present in females and not so much in males. Personal note: when my grandmother sent me to buy a baby quaker from the farmers market (and I am talking back in the mid 60's), she ALWAYS told me to choose the ones with the smaller heads because those were females (but I do not know if this is true) and the ones that learned how to talk.

https://www.savannahnow.com/entertainme ... -gratitude
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations