Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Marnie's imitations

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Marnie's imitations

Postby Marnie » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:35 am

i have been trying to get her to say "peekaboo" ever since i got her but she prefers to pick up other birds calls.
i used to have Indian ringnecks and she picked up their call perfectly. liked that.
but she doesn't do them anymore :(
then she imitated the budgies, that was ok.
and she stopped doing them too :(
but now i have a $500 SPARROW!!!! :lol: i hate sparrows and its her favorite squawk now.
Marnie
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: IRN
LoveBirds
Flight: No

Re: Marnie's imitations

Postby lzver » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:50 pm

They do and say so much cute stuff, but sometimes we have to live with the loud/annoying noises.

Lucy, our Red Belly has quite an impressive vocabulary of words/phrases, probably 30+ but some of them she learn't a few years ago and she doesn't say very often anymore. I love it when she says 'Pretty Birdy', but she hardly says it anymore. I think they have favorite words/sounds that they use all the time and when they learn new words/sounds, the others get retired.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura's Bird World Blog - http://laurasbirdworld.blogspot.com/
Jessie - Senegal
Lucy - Red Bellied
Kylie - Meyers
lzver
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal; 1 Red-Bellied; 1 Meyers
Flight: Yes

Re: Marnie's imitations

Postby Michael » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:44 pm

Lately Kili's been thinking she's a conure and doing really annoying "eeeeeek! eeeeeeeek! eeeeeeek!" kinda screeches. She must have picked it up in the bird store when I took her there cause I can't imagine her learning it any other place. This is the big down side to them being little copy parrots. Luckily she's been doing it less and less lately. I put hello on cue so she uses that one a lot.
Michael
Macaw

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations