Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Does your bird sing songs?

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Re: Does your bird sing songs?

Postby issy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:32 pm

I love boozle's videos, i've watched them all =D

Sheldon does respond to most of the songs he hears, but he sings along in his own tune. I have been trying to get him to sing "you are my sunshine" and he makes some noise but not in tune yet.

He has also learnt to mimic almost all the wild bird sounds in my area and also to wolf whistle, kiss and make this long depressing droning sound.. no idea where he picked that up XD
Image- Sheldon

Image- Evey
issy
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow Lorikeet
Sun Conure
Flight: Yes

Postby foxxfire1970 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:27 pm

My CAG, Cricket Sweet Caroline. This is the song that they play at Fenway Park during a Red Sox game. She doesn't sing the whole song, of course.

These are the words she sings:

Sweet Caroline bomp, bomp, bomp
Good times never seem so good
so good, so good, so good

Plus she chants "Youk, Youk, Youk," for Kevin Youkilis the Red Sox 1st baseman.
foxxfire1970
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Goffin's Cockatoo, 1 Jenday Conure, 1 Green-Cheeked Conure, 1 Congo African Grey, 3 Pacific Parrotlets
Flight: No

Postby notscaredtodance » Sun May 02, 2010 10:34 pm

Not a lot to do with singing, but I notice when I put some pitch in my words, my bird is more interested in mimicking. So far she's got "Hi" down, but she says it in two tones, just like I do. So I've been talking to her more musically I guess you could say.
notscaredtodance
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot

Postby bmsweb » Mon May 03, 2010 3:10 am

I was told Cockatiels learn to whistle really well, so I was watching Hogan's Heroes and they were whistling a tune . . I don't know what its called. So I started whistling it to Jazz our Cockatiel. For 3 Days nothing! Then on a Saturday morning he started to whistle it, well the first part. In any case after about two weeks he could pretty much whistle the whole tune except he sometimes buggers up one part sometimes. I will post a video of it.

The stupid part is he whistles it much better than me and I don't know the name of the tune I taught him! :roll:
bmsweb
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel, Green Cheek Conures

Postby kimbo » Mon May 03, 2010 7:50 am

no mine doesnt sing songs but i sing him to sleep so hopefully he will pick it up. if he doesnt, doesnt matter. but he has mimicked a squeaky ball beautifully and it sounds a lot better than his usual screeching. :senegal:
kimbo
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: one baby senegal

Postby Titanius » Sun May 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Jasper will do the wolf whistle around people. But he is too busy sounding like a songbird to learn actual songs. When he's home alone during the day he mimics the birds outside. So when I get home that's all I get! It's pretty pleasant. I actually prefer it more than his normal calls.
Titanius
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel

Previous

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations