Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Kili Says Hello

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Re: Kili Says Hello

Postby Stephoklein » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Michael- did you have any trouble with Truman picking up Kili's screaming? I have a sun conure along with my new eclectus and we all officially moved in together and am worried my eclectus will pick up the dreaded conure screech...
:sun: - Maxine
:eclectus: - Odie
Stephoklein
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Eclectus and Sun Conure
Flight: No

Postby Michael » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:35 pm

No. But Kili picked up all of Truman's screeches and screams.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Postby Stephoklein » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:22 am

Michael wrote:No. But Kili picked up all of Truman's screeches and screams.

Is there anything you do to control it other than ignore her when she does it? Like ear plugs? Just kidding ;-)
:sun: - Maxine
:eclectus: - Odie
Stephoklein
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Eclectus and Sun Conure
Flight: No

Postby GreenWing » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:41 am

'Loved that video, Michael! Kili is the cutest little gal. So smart, too.

The way she talks sounds a lot like Tiki, only Tiki's talking is baby-ish. She says "Love you" but has said other words but not as often ("Hi" and "Good girl"). It's really cute.
GreenWing
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥

Postby Polarn » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Polarn picks up any bird noises he can hear wich means he sounds like a rooster, wich is quite funny hence slightly encouraged in the mornings. I try teaching him on que by asking him to when I can hear the rooster outside but not yet proven to be working wery well since he will only do it when the rooster is. Second sound I can recognize from outside is the chickens when laying eggs only thing is he does it louder and it's not the most pleasent sound so I try ignore it. But I know when there is eggs to pick up... He also sounds like one of the horses. No luck cuing that either so far. And he wines like the neighbours dog occationally. He has also picked up the sounds from both the budgie and the cockatiel but he makes em so quiet it's just cute so I actually encourage these as contact calls. I've heard I'm say "tjena Polarn" a couple of times but it's rare, and I'm not worried about him saying his own name since it basically translates into "howdy buddy". Only vocal thing he is pretty consistent with me is a woop woop back. Funny you had to hide to get her to say hello back tho :)
Polarn
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Greenwing macaw

Previous

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations