Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

I heard Pixie practicing!

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

I heard Pixie practicing!

Postby tinti » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:54 am

I've tried to teach Pixie to talk, ever since I've got him. The last few days I've been saying "Kiss?" or "Can I have a kiss" and then kissed his beak lightly with a kissing sound. And I've said "Good morning" "Good night" "bye bye" and such, when it's morning, night and when I'm about to leave. And my dad has whistled for him, like that "come here" sound and the ""sexy" sound, if you know what I mean. And this morning Pixie woke me up with sceaming and tweeting like he allways does. But mostly he mumbled and whistled in a very low voice, just what my dad had whistled and even more self invented stuff. And I could hear him kiss. I couldn't hear what he was saying because the door to my room was closed, but it was definetly speach, or attempts to, because he never uses that kinda foice when I'm around, or awake. Someties he would say something with iii with a louder voice. Maybe he said, or tried to say his ow name?

I'm not even sure if this is possible, because he's only been here a little over a month, and I've only tried to teach him to talk 10 minutes in the evening and now and then during the day. But there wass definetly whistling and a voice I've never heard from him mumbling.
tinti
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Budgie
Flight: Yes

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations