Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Can you be happy with a parrot that doesn't talk?

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Can you be happy with a parrot that doesn't talk?

Yes
98%
No
2%

Total votes : 49

Re: Can you be happy with a parrot that doesn't talk?

Postby Kim S » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:26 am

If you can't be happy with a non talking parrot, you're getting the parrot for all the wrong reasons.

But I'm with the rest of you. I'd probably be a little disapointed too. Its like owning a sheepdog who refuses to jump the hedges at agility training... like mine :roll: I love him to death though :thumbsup:
Luckily Kika is starting to brabble a little bit. Like Michael said, its not really talking but as its mommy I can sure make out what he's trying to say.
Kika: Senegal Parrot.
Guus: Cockatiel, Yellowcheek, cinnamon, pearl, pied.
Kim S
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal (1)
Flight: Yes

Re: Can you be happy with a parrot that doesn't talk?

Postby thejoie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:15 am

Mia is a HUGE talker, she is constantly ranting about something. She knows very well exactly WHAT she is saying too. She started talking at about 3-4 months and hasn't shut up since!! She can do a few sentences now- my personal favorite is when she's yelling at the dogs "Porkchop, what're are you doing?! BE A GOOD BOY!!" and when she calls over my other dog Toby, who we call BooBoo she'll say.. "BoooooBooooo?? Where's BooBoo?! Hiiii BooBoo!!" Kills me everytime!!

Capri is 4 months old now and she's talking too- she's still pretty limited but she can muster up a broken "what're you doing" and "hey baby..." and "what'cha got?" She also imitate the microwave and is starting to do a whistle.

Would I love them the same without the talking? Yes!
Does it make crack me up and make me happy? Sure!
Would I still want them if they didn't talk!? OF COURSE!!!
thejoie
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Hahns macaw, Red Belly Parrot, Cape Parrot, Lineolated Parakeets
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations