Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Awkward vocalizations.

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Re: Awkward vocalizations.

Postby lzver » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Lucy (red-bellied) and Jessie (senegal) haven't really picked up any obscene words per say, but they do burp and fart just like my husband. Now we're working on getting them to say excuse me. Lucy says it occassionally, but Jessie hasn't really picked up on it yet.

I can't believe I just admitted this :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura's Bird World Blog - http://laurasbirdworld.blogspot.com/
Jessie - Senegal
Lucy - Red Bellied
Kylie - Meyers
lzver
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal; 1 Red-Bellied; 1 Meyers
Flight: Yes

Postby Millsy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-ecpV4 ... re=related

check out the vocabulary on this bird
Millsy
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Types of Birds Owned: None, yet!
Flight: No

Postby GizmoTheBird » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:17 am

gizmo reallly hasnt picked up anything crazy but when my husband went in for an interview, i came with him (and brought along gizmo because he loves the car) and the woman at the front desk told me to come inside instead of sitting in the car because she wanted to see him, and i couldnt get gizmo to be quiet! i dont know if it was beacause the space had an echo or what but he would keep saying Come here baby, Pretty pretty, Love you,Ohh la la the whole time the woman just quietly giggled and looked at me from the front desk, at the time it was embarrasing but now everytime i think of it i just giggle

also my husband has taught him to say Dang it Brynn, so now every morning i wake up to "Pretty bird, *kiss sound* Dang it brynn!, Ooops"
Gizmo-Senegal
GizmoTheBird
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot

Postby michelle&buddy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:19 am

The only thing awful that Buddy picked up so far is a very high pitched squeak that our pellet stove made for a couple days while the auger was having issues. He will just make the same pitch of squeak for several seconds over and over....and generally in the morning, as that is when the pellet stove gets turned on to heat the house :lol: He also tells the vacuum to "be quiet" :roll:
michelle&buddy
Lovebird

Types of Birds Owned: Little Corella Cockatoo

Postby issy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:43 am

Sheldon has learned to imitate the phone almost exactly, so now it is very hard to tell who is ringing XD

He also growls at us which is pretty cute =D
Image- Sheldon

Image- Evey
issy
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow Lorikeet
Sun Conure

Postby CheekyandMalolo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:22 pm

Prince imitates everything ugh. Cockatoos, King Parrots, Rainbows Lorries, the kettle, sneezes, the squeal my Cockatiels make when he pulls their tails...the list goes on. But he never learnt any words.
Aurora - Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
o'Tika - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Malolo - Cinnamon Pied Cockatiel
Tim - Red Wing Parrot
Prince - Blue Princess Parrot
Cheeky - Green Cheek Conure(RIP)
CheekyandMalolo
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel x 2
Princess Parrot
Red Wing Parrot
Yellow Sided GCC
Pineapple GCC

Postby guybo » Tue May 24, 2011 9:29 am

So this guy picks up a parrot for a pet and brings it home with him. It's a beautiful bird and is very friendly but after a couple days the guy begins to notice a huge problem with the bird- it cusses a lot and uses the words at the wrong time. When on the phone or when company is over the bird will just start using the most vile language. Then when the guy gets mad, the bird laughs like it's a game.

The guy tries everything to get this bird to stop swearing. He plays classical music (a cultured bird surely can't cuss?), he speaks gently to it, plays audio books on manners too- but no matter what he does nothing works. Mouth of a sailor.

The guy is trying to train the bird one day but the frustration mounts. When he feels he is finally breaking through, the bird goes off on a torrent of bad words that would make a grown man blush. In frustration and anger, the guy picks up the bird roughly and throws the potty-mouthed bird into the freezer! After about 5 minutes the guy collects himself again and realizes the cruel thing he has done. He runs to the freezer and retrieves the poor bird.

The guy looks at the bird and almost falls down when the parrot says "Sir, I am sorry for my former use of inappropriate language and would like to offer further apologies for any harm you may have suffered for my former habit of using bad language and using language in awkward and inappropriate ways. i promise to stop immediately". Then the guy collects himself enough to accept the apology and asks "What made you change so suddenly?" Then the bird leans forward and asks "Before I answer- tell me- what did the chicken do?"
guybo
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Parrotlets- Cassiopeia and Plato "The Kids"
1 Cockatiel- Hades "The head case"
1 Quaker- Perseus "Squeaky"

Postby Chris&Akilah » Sat May 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Michael wrote:On the bird front, Kili heard a blue jay screaming outside and now she can't get that out of her head and is obsessing with repeating that annoying scream!

Akila is always doing red-winged blackbird calls. He sucks at doing the male's mating call but is good at the annoying high-pitched whistlle/chrip they make.

He's pretty chatty and is always mumbling, it sounds like Donald Duck with a bad head cold but I can occasionally pick out words like "birdie"...and "goddamnit". He also does a Donald-Duck version of a belch, I think you'd have to be wound pretty tight to get offended by that though ;) . I'm typically the one making awkward vocalizations at inappropriate times :? .
Chris&Akilah
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot

Postby Naurthon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Last year my partner and I went to the Washington coast for a week-long vacation. We left the boys with some very good friends of mine - a woman I've known for over 30 years and her husband. They used to have a CAG named Dorian, so I knew they'd be able to take care of them with no trouble.

After a WONDERFUL week on the ocean (near Forks, for you Twilight fans), we came back home, picking up the boys from Auntie Ronda and Uncle Rob. The next day, sitting in my living room with Dante, he starts in with this:

Thank you, Auntie Ronda!
Nikko, Black Capped Conure :gcc: (hatched April 2008)
Maxwell, Senegal Parrot :senegal: (hatched 2004?)
Dante, Congo African Grey :gray: (hatched Nov 28, 2009)
Naurthon
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Black capped conure, Senegal parrot, Congo African grey

Postby Eurycerus » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Naurthon wrote:After a WONDERFUL week on the ocean (near Forks, for you Twilight fans), we came back home, picking up the boys from Auntie Ronda and Uncle Rob. The next day, sitting in my living room with Dante, he starts in with this:

That is the funniest video I have seen! :]
Eurycerus
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegals

Previous

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations