Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Stevie is a talker

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Stevie is a talker

Postby CaitlinRice413 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:33 pm

:thumbsup:
Last edited by CaitlinRice413 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaitlinRice413
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: Yes

Re: Stevie is a talker

Postby GreenWing » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:10 pm

O_O WOW that's awesome! Seems you've got an Alex on your hands! I've also held up a plastic star and asked Tiki, "What matter?" :lol: I'd be in for the shock of my life if she answered me.

Good work on these trainings; you'll have to update us on Steve's progress. :)
GreenWing
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥

Postby terri » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:50 pm

I thought my Macaw[shes female] was not going to say things to clearly.But now that shes almost 2 shes started talking.I dont know if this is true for all macaws taking this long .Im just really surprised at the things she can say now.
terri
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: catalina macaw,RB2,LS2,Hawkhead,Congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,yellowstreaked lorry,yellowsided greencheek,Blue fnt amazon ,goffin2

Postby CaitlinRice413 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:44 pm

:macaw:
Last edited by CaitlinRice413 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaitlinRice413
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby terri » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 pm

Harlow says Hi Harlow ,Come see Harlow ,step up ,what ,I Love you ,Burglar[I dont know where that came from :D ]mom,no and laughs like a insane person [alot] I keep trying to tape her but she stops when she sees the camera.This is the stuff that comes out loud and clear.
terri
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: catalina macaw,RB2,LS2,Hawkhead,Congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,yellowstreaked lorry,yellowsided greencheek,Blue fnt amazon ,goffin2

Postby marie83 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:12 am

terri wrote:Harlow says Hi Harlow ,Come see Harlow ,step up ,what ,I Love you ,Burglar[I dont know where that came from :D ]mom,no and laughs like a insane person [alot] I keep trying to tape her but she stops when she sees the camera.This is the stuff that comes out loud and clear.

Awww so cute, I used to get the laughing like an insane person with George lol. Has she ever said I love you and burglar together to make a sentance :D
marie83
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure

Postby terri » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:44 am

She combines Harlow and Burglar sometimes, so its Harglar :D
terri
Poicephalus

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations