Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Clancy's Unique Vocalization Skills On Video

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Clancy's Unique Vocalization Skills On Video

Postby ClancyTheAmazon » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:00 am

Check Out Clancy Our 20 Year Old Yellow Naped Amazon

Youtube.com/ClancyTheAmazon
or
http://youtu.be/FifAm0ZYOKU

He has one heck of a personality!! :) Parrot Rock!!!
ClancyTheAmazon
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Naped Amazon
Flight: No

Re: Clancy's Unique Vocalization Skills On Video

Postby JaydeParrot » Wed May 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Lol, he looks in great condition, was wondering what an Amazon is like as a pet, are they noisey all the time or do they just let out a few shouts occasionally. I have experiance with Senegals but they're generally quite quiet birds anyway.
JaydeParrot
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Senegal Parrots.
Flight: Yes

Re: Clancy's Unique Vocalization Skills On Video

Postby Dave & Karen » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:11 am

Very cool video :D :thumbsup:

And to answer the question about amazons..
Our amazon can be incredibly loud when she's having fun or really excited like when one of us comes home from work or when we wake up in the morning, otherwise she tones it down for most the day. She's at her noisiest in the evening around 9 or so and in the morning when we're getting ready for work.

Yesterday she got curious to our other bird's cage with a play top and decided to explore it... I guess she was impressed because she was like a kid opening his birthday presents and geting everything he wished for and then some... except about 100 times louder :lol:

As far as her being a pet goes, she's a total riot with all her funny antics so she's just a blast to be around, especially when she gets excited, but for the most part she's very friendly and very loving, a true sweetheart of a bird. She always wants to be with us or on my shoulder, and has the most gentle beak of all our birds. I can fully trust her to groom my eye lids if she so desires...

Now if she doesn't want to be handled or messed with, she does give plenty of warnings like growling, eye pinning, nape feathers fluffed up, or talking in a very deep voice, she will eventually give a gentle warning nip if someone just don't get it way before she gets violent... She's not agressive at all, but I'd never push her that far either.
Dave & Karen
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 11
Types of Birds Owned: Pacific Parrotlet
Lovebird
Sun Conure
Green Cheek Conure
Indian Ringneck
2 Quakers
DYH Amazon
Cockatiel
2 Budgeis