Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Indoor Freeflight

Discuss topics associated with teaching birds to fly. Training parrots recall flight, target flying, and other flying exercises.

Indoor Freeflight

Postby Cockatielsongs » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi!
I want to train my bird for indoor freeflight, the websites i've read on the subject are mainly about outdoor freeflight. So does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks in advance :)
Bandit - Rose Breasted Cockatoo
Cockatielsongs
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Rose Breasted Cockatoo
Flight: No

Re: Indoor Freeflight

Postby friend2parrots » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:37 am

Indoor freeflight is one of the main focus points of Michaels blogs. the trainedparrot blog link is on the top left corner of this page. I would suggest you go to the blogs sitemap and read through all the articles that have to do anything with flight. everything you need is right there. the more you read, the more you will see what I mean. michael's focus on indoor freeflight is one of the things that i really appreciate about his blog and this forum. there's no other parrot blog/forum on the web that i am aware of that prioritizes the importance of indoor freeflight as much as this one does.

in addition to the blog, you can also browse through the indoor freeflight forum section. theres fantastic info in the forum archived from past years.

good luck :thumbsup:
Ringo - Green Cheek Conure
Toby - Bourke Parakeet
friend2parrots
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: green cheek conure
bourke parakeet
Flight: Yes

Return to Recall Flight & Flighted Tricks