Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Kilaya flight training.

Discuss topics associated with teaching birds to fly. Training parrots recall flight, target flying, and other flying exercises.

Kilaya flight training.

Postby Erithacus » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:58 am

Kilaya ...cag
Pipi, Zizi, Eclipse and Zico ... gcc
Erithacus
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 19
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey, Green cheek conures, Lovebirds, Cockatiels and Bulbul.
Flight: Yes

Re: Kilaya flight training.

Postby Pajarita » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:32 am

Awwww, thank you for posting the video! We had missed them... Kilaya looks great and I loved the slow motion one -you can see how well she controls her movements and landing! And the little ones are sooo cute! The one on the right decided that the leash did NOT belong there and kept on going for it :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:02 am

beautiful
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Erithacus » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 am

Pajarita wrote:Awwww, thank you for posting the video! We had missed them... Kilaya looks great and I loved the slow motion one -you can see how well she controls her movements and landing! And the little ones are sooo cute! The one on the right decided that the leash did NOT belong there and kept on going for it :lol:

The harness was a new one. That was the first time the conure wearing it.
Kilaya ...cag
Erithacus
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey, Green cheek conures, Lovebirds, Cockatiels and Bulbul.

Postby Pajarita » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:34 am

Ahhhh, no wonder! Is it a different color than the 'old' one?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Erithacus » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:01 am

It's a DIY using dog/ cat harness.
Kilaya ...cag
Erithacus
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:04 am

:lol: VERY resourceful! I am shopping for a harness for Sunny because I am going to be attending an event where we will be showcasing 'solutions' for pet 'misbehavior' - in reality, it's to promote a project of law where I live making declawing for cats illegal but we can't go in saying we are about this so we are giving it a more generic approach and covering dogs, cats and birds with what works and what doesn't work. Sunny will attend for the couple of hours I am going to be manning the table so as to 'attract' people to it. I don't like it that she will be stressed out by it and I am trying to minimize it by taking her out gradually to get her used to it before the event.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Erithacus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:57 am

If Sunny has not been harnessed before, it won't be an easy task.
Kilaya ...cag
Erithacus
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:06 am

:lol: Yes, I don't anticipate it to be easy or fast but it won't as hard as if I tried to do it with another bird. Sunny is very attached to me and pretty much lives to be on my shoulder as she doesn't have a companion bird of her own [this too will come for her] and she allows me to do anything I want with her body so I can already lift and open her wings without a single problem.

I don't really like harnesses or taking my birds out in public but I do make an exception when it's a good cause -as is the case here as she will be the 'hook' [sun conures are such colorfully pretty birds] at a booth where we will be offering products and advice on undesirable behaviors in dogs, cats and birds. In reality, the ultimate purpose is to educate people about the evils of declawing cats and pointing out alternatives that work just as well so we can get 'converts' for the law banning the practice. But helping people with parrots that 'misbehave' is a reward in itself. I am planning on directing people to this site by the way...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Return to Recall Flight & Flighted Tricks