Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Quick recall video

Discuss topics associated with teaching birds to fly. Training parrots recall flight, target flying, and other flying exercises.

Quick recall video

Postby Avialae » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:43 am

Here's a video of Nova doing some short distance flighted recalls and an "advanced" (closing and opening the foot two times) wave.
I'm just in the processes of changing lighting equipment and making some adjustments to the cage, so you'll have to excuse the poor light and general shabbyness. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXW7c--c ... e=youtu.be

She has also learned how to spin, give kisses (I try to teach it as a trick where they are to touch my lips with the top side of the upper mandible, this way them seem less interested in poking around in peoples mouths later on...) and has a very good and generalized step up. Of course she's also target trained. :-)
I'm really, really pleased considering she was too terrified to even let anyone get near her when i got her home a little over a month ago. She's a parent fed Jardines, around 6 months old now.
That's the wonders of positive reinforcement training right there. :-)
Avialae
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Types of Birds Owned: Jardines, Senegals
Flight: Yes

Re: Quick recall video

Postby fishbait » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:59 am

Love it!! My Sun is flying now (been clipped for 1 1/2 yrs -since birth/hatching) She flys to me sometimes on cue and other times when i am not paying attention nor initiating a cue....need to work with her i guess if we are to give flighted a go!!
fishbait
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Quincy- Sun Conure, Dexter- Cape- Pff, Iggy- Greater Vasa

Re: Quick recall video

Postby Arshia » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:50 am

He seems very well trained - he has no hesitation and comes the second you call him :D
On an unrelated note, I'm surprised (and glad) that links are allowed to be posted on the forum :thumbsup:
Good job. Have you thought about taking it outdoors yet?
Arshia
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Return to Recall Flight & Flighted Tricks