Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Will he ever be able to fly?

Discuss indoor freeflight and managing freeflighted birds around the house. How to live with a flighted parrot.

Re: Will he ever be able to fly?

Postby Pajarita » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:10 am

No, no, I bet it's not wishful thinking on your part. Cats are incredibly resilient creatures. The little feral kittens I took in had terrible eye infections to the point that the vet said the female was going to lose an eye but she didn't, they both have perfect vision. Many years ago, I had a cat (Lilybell) that had been bit by a raccoon (and that's when I never allowed my cats to go out ever again!) and had ended up with a huge infection in a paw so she had to be put under anesthesia to open it up and drain it. They must have done the anesthesia wrong (they said it was a reaction to it but the cat had had surgery in the past and she came through it fine) and she did not get enough oxygen to her brain for a while so she ended up blind and paralyzed. They recommended I put her down but stubborn thing that I am, I said no and brought her home. And let me tell you that she did not only regain her sight but she also regain mobility and she lived to be 19 when we put her down due to cancer. So, no, I am sure you are right and Patch is getting his sight back.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Indoor Freeflight