Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Only steps up to launch off

Discuss indoor freeflight and managing freeflighted birds around the house. How to live with a flighted parrot.

Re: Only steps up to launch off

Postby Newby » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:11 am

Okay, so thank you for the input once again ;) I am playing hide and seek with him and he really is very smart, finds me every time. I agree this learning thing is a heart warmer. I am holding him close to me when I first have him step up, I put an almond at the end of the hallway, turn my hand and lower it slowly as I point to the almond, he flies off my hand and so far one out of three times he lit just before the almond. Two of the times he landed way before the almond and I had to show it to him once he was on the ground. I tried to get him to hop to the top of his day cage and he didn't have a clue what I was doing, so I think that must come later. Wolf, I'm going to the Valley today :(, I think I remember you love Phoenix right? (ha) Anyway, Charlie will be in his cage most of the day so I'll pick everything up again tomorrow. I'm in awe of people who own more than one of the flying creatures, they are challenging to say the least. Well worth it though! :gray:
Newby
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: African Grey
Flight: Yes

Postby Wolf » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:10 pm

I really would have thought that there would have been at least one Avain vet and a couple of pet supply stores in Flagstaff, given its size and location. I understand that there is nothing of any significant size between Phoenix and Flagstaff, but it is still a long drive. Good luck on your trip.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Newby » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:40 am

Oh, I went to Phoenix to do some shopping, not for Charlie. We have a Pets Mart and a Pet Co here in Flagstaff but they are not great for bird supplies. Flagstaff people are really into dogs. You can find dog stuff all day long here. I've been using Amazon for toys and for supplies to make toys myself. I have not heard of a good vet here in Flag though, which is really stinky!
Newby
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: African Grey

Previous

Return to Indoor Freeflight