Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

thinking about clipping Skittles

Discuss indoor freeflight and managing freeflighted birds around the house. How to live with a flighted parrot.

Re: thinking about clipping Skittles

Postby skeetersunconure » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:10 pm

dude no one is shunning you if you look at most posts there is a ton more people who view than respond because they want to make sure they give a good answer and not all of them have good answers :)
skeetersunconure
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure
Flight: Yes

Re: thinking about clipping Skittles

Postby Java » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:52 am

Java is clipped (done at PET shop before I brought him home in April). I have not clipped him since then but he still cannot fly. Occasionally, he will flap his wings like he is practicing, but he does not generally even try to fly. I guess he is just used to not flying? It is safer for me too. I would not mind if he flew from his cage to my shoudler, but anything more than that would be discouraged. I have cats, ferrets, kids, and none of them are very graceful or not nosy. Java is on my desk a lot with me, and the cats love to watch him, but if they get too close to him, he generally tries to bite their noses. I am afraid if I was not around, they would kill him.
Java
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot
Jenday Conure
Flight: No

Previous

Return to Indoor Freeflight