Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Attack flights -- help!?

Discuss indoor freeflight and managing freeflighted birds around the house. How to live with a flighted parrot.

Re: Attack flights -- help!?

Postby dorp » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:50 am

As far as I know birds don't respond to negative reinforcement for some reason so kicking an attacking bird isn't a suitable solution unfortunately. I've said this many times before but here we go again. What god damn bizzaro world do you live in where it's okay for your guests to be attacked by your pets? Parrots will, because of instinct bond with another single person, I get it, you like your parrot because you've manipulated this instinct and it gives you happiness. That's cool, I can respect that. What I do not get is why you parrot owners think it's even remotely tolerable for your bird to bite, let alone attack another person.
dorp
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: No

Postby pennyandrocky » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:56 pm

hi dorp, my birds have never attacked any guest in my house. i just had my son's teachers over yesterday. since none of them had been here i told them about the birds and asked if it was a problem.my birds are fully flighted and uncaged 12hrs a day. his teachers said it would be fine i also told them the small bird might land on them, i told them if he does don't react and i would call him back. he did l called him back. no one was attacked.
pennyandmya
pennyandrocky
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: green cheek conure,ducorps cockatoo
Flight: Yes

Postby Shelby » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:38 pm

dorp wrote:Is that funny or enjoyable to you? Having family and guests screaming because your messed up pet birds?
liz wrote:He loves to hear her scream.

Dorp - Liz just said that her bird loves to hear her aunt scream. She never mentioned finding the situation entertaining. Stop taking things out of context and twisting everything you read to make us all sound crazy and obsessed. We're not.
Shelby
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: I don't have a bird yet

Postby happycat » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:23 am

@dorp you make it sound like she said "my parrot always attacks and bites my aunt and she screams. LOL!" its just a funny story. Dont make it all serious like its a terrible thing.
happycat
Parrotlet

Previous

Return to Indoor Freeflight