Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Parrots speaking question

Exchange information about how to teach specific tricks to parrots. Most of these techniques should apply to all bird species. Share your success stories.

Parrots speaking question

Postby vikkirikki » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:58 am

I was just wondering if Parrots can easily say a word with a f in it? :senegal: I am trying to name my new Senegal parrot and was wondering if the parrot could learn to say the name buffy or if there are other names or sounds that a parrot can say more easily.
vikkirikki
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: lovebirds
Flight: Yes

Re: Parrots speaking question

Postby Pajarita » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:09 pm

I am trying to remember if any of my parrots says a word with an 'f' in it but I can't... What I can tell you is that they seem to be able to use the letters P, T, R, K, CH, D, M, N, S, B, G, J and L without a problem. Oh, wait! I know that cockatoos and grays can because I've seen videos of cockatoos and I had a gray that could say: "F*CK YOU!" very clearly! :lol: So, there you go, yes, they can!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Re: Parrots speaking question

Postby liz » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:30 am

:lol: I am amazed that they can say words with Ws and Ms.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Return to Parrot Trick Training