Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Chris Biro as pirate

Exchange information about how to teach specific tricks to parrots. Most of these techniques should apply to all bird species. Share your success stories.

Chris Biro as pirate

Postby Pajarita » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:27 am

I really do not like this guy but it seems that he is at least trying to do some good...

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/loca ... 23342.html
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Chris Biro as pirate

Postby ParrotsForLife » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:52 pm

Why dont you like Chris Biro?
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby Pajarita » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:53 am

I don't like people who use animals as their only source of income. It's akin to slavery -only with animals- and, in the long and even the short term, ends up harming the animals. I think that companion animals are just that: companions, as in friends and not free laborers. And that it's up to us to provide for them, not the other way around.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:34 pm

I saw this guy at the fair and it was way to hot for the parrots. There wings were away from there body's drooping and little mouths open with there tongues wagging. Doesn't take an idiot to realize they needed cooled off and water. So in true fashion I pooped my big fat mouth off and let him know that cruelty to animals is a punishable offense and he got them water and turned the fans on. If I could have caught him outside the fair I would probably have done more. :D So there's the only reason I need not to like him!
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:26 am

Yep, there is no two ways about it, once the animals performances become the index of your bottom line, the love stops and greed takes over.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:25 am

I don't know much about him I only know him because he's a free flight trainer didn't know he did shows, How does he have the time for that lol I wouldn't have time to free fly alone never mind shows too definitely must be his only way of earning money.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby stevesjk » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:20 am

I just dont agree with free flying outdoors what so ever, i believe the bird's life is on the line every time
stevesjk
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrot budgie

Postby Pajarita » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:30 am

I completely agree with you, Steve! Free flight is not a good idea. It sounds as if you are doing the bird a favor but, in the long run, it's no favor at all.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Pajarita » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:33 am

ParrotsForLife wrote:I don't know much about him I only know him because he's a free flight trainer didn't know he did shows, How does he have the time for that lol I wouldn't have time to free fly alone never mind shows too definitely must be his only way of earning money.

It is. He has a company called Liberty Wings. And, just as an FYI, he has admitted to losing several birds while free flying them.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby stevesjk » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:54 pm

If people seen what happened to escaped birds i dont think anyone would freefly. Out of sight, out of mind.
stevesjk
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrot budgie

Next

Return to Parrot Trick Training