Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Most Impressive Trick

Exchange information about how to teach specific tricks to parrots. Most of these techniques should apply to all bird species. Share your success stories.

Most Impressive Trick

Postby Michael » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:17 am

What's the most impressive parrot trick you've ever seen? What's the toughest? What's the coolest trick you've ever thought of? Do you think it's something you could train your parrot?
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: Most Impressive Trick

Postby parrotsaver » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:35 pm

Well a nice trick that I saw at youtube was a parrot riding a bike , and if I can call it a trick it was that one in youtube with a african grey called Einstein who talked perfecly . And of course the coolest trick was playing dead by Kili :senegal: .
parrotsaver
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: parakeets-budgies

Postby Kathleen » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:37 am

I think the most impressive tricks are the ones that are done in a sequence of steps. It's almost like teaching a series of tricks but the parrot has to do them in the exact order you teach them. It becomes complicated. If they don't do it in that order, the trick doesn't work.

I think the toughest tricks are the sequence tricks or the tricks that involve shapes/colors. Birds can see colors and shapes, but you have to teach them the trick is ABOUT the colors/shapes, not just the action of putting them together (like ring on a peg). The easy part is putting the ring on the peg. The hard part is teaching them the red ring goes on the red peg, etc.

The coolest trick I taught Duke was his very original slinky trick. :)
Kathleen
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2

Postby localpigeon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:24 pm

I though this was very impressive considering how hard I'm finding it to train one budgie on it's own, imagine something like this:
localpigeon
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Budgie, Cockatiels

Postby Manziboy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:44 pm

That was very cute. It must be fun to work with all of those budgies. Once on pet stars a man worked with many dogs (I think it was around 10). He said he got them from shelters. He got them to do a few tricks all together. I have trouble with just Manzi. I can't imagine working with many Greys.
Manziboy
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey

Return to Parrot Trick Training