Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

fetch-trick

Exchange information about how to teach specific tricks to parrots. Most of these techniques should apply to all bird species. Share your success stories.

fetch-trick

Postby MIKEPOPER » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:26 am

this afternoon i started teaching my sun conure kesha the fetch trick...
at first kesha thout the trick was to drop the "object" but after a few training he did it perfectly
by the way it is the second time i tried to teach him that trick.
first time it didnt go well becous i didnt have time becouse of school.
bu this time he did it!
and here it is:

by the way...
"tavi" - is give me in hebrew.
Last edited by MIKEPOPER on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ke$ha
MIKEPOPER
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure
Flight: Yes

Re: fetch

Postby MIKEPOPER » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:13 am

you know,its pretty suck to get no comments on a trick that i worked so hard to get it done!!!
but when michael or someone else post a new trick here there are about 10 comments in less the a day!!!
im out of this ******* site!
ke$ha
MIKEPOPER
Cockatiel

Postby Michael » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:27 pm

I watched the video but did not have time to reply.

MIKEPOPER wrote:you know,its pretty suck to get no comments on a trick that i worked so hard to get it done!!!

If you're working hard on a trick for the sake of getting comments/praise, you're doing it for all the wrong reasons. Trick training should be self rewarding and gratifying and what everyone else thinks should not really matter that much. I post videos of tricks my parrots do to inspire others to trick train and to show others how to do it, not for attention. If you don't expect to get comments/praise for it then you can't lose.

MIKEPOPER wrote:but when michael or someone else post a new trick here there are about 10 comments in less the a day!!! im out of this ******* site!

People who get lots of comments on their topics tend to be more prominent on the forum. These are people who take the time to go and watch other people's videos, comment about their photos, and answer people's questions. You have to give if you want to receive. So yes, members who post a lot and make parrotforum friends, tend to get more attention when they post something as well.

I don't know who you are because you aren't involved in our discussions. On the other hand, there are members who ask questions, answer questions, and are involved in debates/discussions so I am more eager to check their topics.

You posted a video (that was not even embedded properly because the use of "youtube code" was wrong, clearly you didn't read the FAQ about embedding videos) with little explanation or value embedded in it. The text said little, was difficult to read because of poor formatting and spelling. You did not share a story about what you did, how long it took, why you taught this trick, what the challenges were, etc. You did not ask a question or create a lead for discussion. It is your own fault that the topic had no path leading to discussion. So if you really just want to be rude and criticize the forum for something that is your own fault, then it's hardly a pity that you won't be coming back.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby rebeccaturpeinen » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:54 pm

i tried to look at the video yesterday but couldnt get it to open so i was gonne try again today... my internet is kinda slow. i would love to see your birdies trick, i love tricks :D
rebeccaturpeinen
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Crimson Rosella

Postby MIKEPOPER » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:58 pm

listen...
im realy realy sorry... :(
i was a little depresed...
and no im not teaching mt parrot tricks to get comments and complements...
im teaching him tricks becouse i love it and im sure he love it to!
and the reasone im not commenting on evry post is beacouse my english is not the best...
ill try to be more actibe in the forum.
p.s if i had any mistakes in my english can you correct me?
ke$ha
MIKEPOPER
Cockatiel

Postby rebeccaturpeinen » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:59 pm

now i saw the video, i had to go to yourtube cos it wasnt loading on the forum and your birdie is very cute. a sun conure is definitly the next bird on my list. whats your next trick gonna be?
rebeccaturpeinen
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Crimson Rosella

Postby MIKEPOPER » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:06 pm

my,no kesha's next trick is going to be-basketball!
and michael are you going to tech kili or truman how to ride a bike or something like that?
ke$ha
MIKEPOPER
Cockatiel

Postby Michael » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Here's the faq about embedding youtube videos

I doubt I'll do bike cause sourcing one is so difficult. They are unsuitable or otherwise awfully expensive. I'm more interested in brainy tricks anyway like ring on peg and puzzles.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Re: fetch-trick

Postby idlepirate » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:05 pm

I watched it, I remembered your previous videos tricks which a few people did comment on and I havent seen you back here since.
I also had to go to youtube to watch it and even went through all the other videos you uploaded onto youtube but because it was on there and not here I wasnt logged in on youtube so couldnt comment....also then got sidetracked as usually happens on there :) :)
Your post was on top of the tricks section so being it a fresh start to the year- maybe alot of people are just busy and havent even come to this section yet.

Anyway hopefully you understood now that we're not just ignoring your video and you might need to give it a few days for people to eventually respond. No need to tell off the site or in the future dont be surprised why you wont recieve comments- assuming you'll be staying.

Don't worry about your english either, I can make out what you're saying and im sure everyone else can. I think the people on this forum are great people and dont judge. I make alot of mistakes as well when typing fast but the fact that I dont spellcheck hasnt stopped people from reading my comments or responding.
so dont stress and take it easy :mrgreen:
:pirate:
idlepirate
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Blue Throated Conure

Re: fetch-trick

Postby MIKEPOPER » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:12 pm

well tnx all!!
and just like i said i have started teching him to play basketball and i hope he will do it perfectly tomorow.
right now he's doing it prety good but it need to be worked more
ill upload a video tomorow,till then goodnight to all of you and your parrots!
:thumbsup:
ke$ha
MIKEPOPER
Cockatiel

Return to Parrot Trick Training