Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Rainbow, Myrtle & Cockatiels

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Rambo &Myrtle update

Postby alienlady » Tue May 02, 2017 6:55 am

Aww Liz I'm so sorry to hear about Amos and Tweet , big hug.
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Tue May 02, 2017 7:03 am

Thank you. They never really got close to me but I loved them just the same. Now I take roll call and am surprised that they tweet when I call their names. All but Flutter do. He is my problem child who I named well.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby liz » Wed May 17, 2017 6:30 am

I moved 8 Cockatiels yesterday. Since many do not want touched, I bated small cages with millet. Tommy and Tammy were easy. The others took a while. I was so tired last night that I left Shadow, Lacy and Louise in the guest room. I will move them today.
My son took pictures of the empty room that I will send as soon as I figure out how.
It hurts. I know Wolf wanted to see the room when I finished.

Those sitting on nests I scooped up in paper bags, fake eggs and all. Maggie and Andy were easy since they were together on the nest when I went for them. They had taken over a corner of a big box so I just scooped them into a bag with their eggs. Flutter was still sitting on the nest. He had been the one to mate with Tweet. I was not sure until he started sitting on the nest when she was gone. I scooped him with nest box and all. I did not want to separate him from his responsibilities.

The nesters are all sitting on fake eggs.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Wed May 17, 2017 11:10 am

Great news! And I am sure they will all be super happy to go back to their own room!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Thu May 18, 2017 5:28 am

I think I found the smartest of the Cockatiels. I went in after dark last night. Shadow and Louise were sleeping where they usually do. Lacy knew I was coming back to get them. She was on top of a curtain rod and thought she was invisible. I had to grab Shadow and Louise to put in a cat carrier. When I went for Lacy she flew in the dark and disappeared. Before dawn I went back for her. She was hiding under the edge of the big cage. I did get her but she tried to out smart me.

The birds do not recognize their room and for some reason took turns smacking into a wall. No one was injured.

I am just so happy to get them back in their own room.

Now I have to prepare a place for my Amazons. I am amazed at how good they have been in that little room. They seem to accept their confinement as if they know it is temporary. I will have to replace all the trim work in that room thanks to Myrtle and repair the vanity thanks to Rainbow.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby liz » Sat May 20, 2017 6:23 am

These little cockatiels are such a joy. They have already gone back to how they were before they were moved. When I go home they hear my voice and start calling me. They do not hold a grudge and are tweeting to me as before. Louise does not know what to make of it but stays close to Jackie and Phoenix. Jackie lands on me while I put their food out. I have little platforms outside the big cage so Gimpy is landing on the to stay with the ones who go inside to perch. I have also attached platforms to the wire cover on the window and they take turns on them. Each one of these tiny little parrots have found their way into my heart.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Sat May 20, 2017 11:37 am

Awww, that's great, Liz! And yes, I hear you on the 'each one of them finds its way into our hearts'!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Re: Rainbow & Myrtle update

Postby liz » Sat May 27, 2017 2:33 pm

I have seen Gimpy hanging on the wire screen at the window. I don't know why since he has one leg. I think his twisted leg is starting to straighten a little. That would be wonderful. He could then perch with the rest.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby liz » Sat May 27, 2017 2:35 pm

How can I change Rambo to Rainbow in this title?
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Navre » Sat May 27, 2017 3:24 pm

liz wrote:How can I change Rambo to Rainbow in this title?

Edit the title in the first post. I just tried it with one of my threads.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

PreviousNext

Return to General Parrot Care