Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Green Cheek Conure gone sour, need help!

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Green Cheek Conure gone sour, need help!

Postby Wolf » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:18 pm

Alright, everyone has weighed in, by this I am referring to accused and accuser and now the matter is closed. I try very hard to be both understanding and fair, but this is not the place for this type of behavior and it needs to stop and if you will not do it on your own then I will bring it to an end myself. Please don't require me to do so. It never ends well. The rules are very straight forward in this matter and they say that we do not allow members to attack other members.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Postby Bird woman » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:22 pm

:shock: :cockatiel: kiss and make up time ! DADS MAD now you've gone and done it.
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby seagoatdeb » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:07 pm

A forum topic about hoarding and not pointing at anyone in the group is a great idea Wolf.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby Bird woman » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:35 pm

OKAY, I'm going to start this thread under off topic, no finger pointing just the raw reality of who we really may be. And maybe through this thread we can compare situations, stories and find out a little about ourselves and what made us bird people. BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Perroquet » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:35 am

I will point no fingers at Pajarita more. I am afraid to post if I say wrong then may be mean to me. I learn that if person obsessed about right and wrong, is rude, is bad sign and no one around knows because they clean up for people when they know they come or do not answer or are hide if suprised. I get one conure from lady like that. She never see outside. No toys. She was sad. I only do what I believe, but I will do no more and let others do things. Please do not be mean to me. I learning about this place.
Please excuse my English my husband is not in town to help so I alone

What means chill pill, is that a wish to hurt me or silence me? Google say imaginary. I do not understand. Please so not wish bad on me. I only help parrots
Perroquet
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Conures and Senegal

Postby Wolf » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:38 am

Take a chill pill is basically slang for relax and be nice. No desire to be mean or hurt or silence anyone.

Please, if you have any problems or do not understand something PM me and I will help you. If someone is mean to you then I will PM them and talk to them about it.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Perroquet » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:06 pm

Wolf wrote:Take a chill pill is basically slang for relax and be nice. No desire to be mean or hurt or silence anyone.

Please, if you have any problems or do not understand something PM me and I will help you. If someone is mean to you then I will PM them and talk to them about it.

Thank you. I am understanding better English all the time, but slang and joke are hard. I will only say if I get proof from now on and not just what I believe true. I do not believe I have trouble in forums. I do not believe my husbandry is bad. My parrots are loved and cared for well for many years.

Above all things, reverence yourself.
Pythagoras
Perroquet
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Conures and Senegal

Postby Sue1964 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:18 pm

:senegal: I am new with the Conure.I can tell you what I am trying with mine as he is nippy. I let him climb onto my sweater sleeve by the wrist as he bites fingers to step up. He can be aggressive.I think he's excited & trying to play more than anything. I keep a long toy in one hand while he's acting that way and get his attention on to the toy and off of biting me.That usually does the trick for awhile.He always wants to be on me,so if he's biting hard I put him on his cage and let him climb around on it,and go inside if he wants,after a few minutes we try again.He seems to be learning this way though it is taking time. Never wear a top that the bird can get inside of. Mine has tried and I block his way up the sleeves with my hand above him on the outside of it when he first tries.He's gotten the idea & rarely tries it now. He loves his fresh fruit & vegetables.So I cut it up for him before bringing him out. I hang the dish on the outside of the cage while he's out and he eats some first,then he's more calm and ready to play nice. I did not know about only petting the head.Thank you all so much for the information. I will remember that. His flight feathers are & will be kept clipped.He flies about 3 or 4 feet out at a height of about 3 ft and lands. It keeps him safer that way. The parakeets all can fly. He's the only one out of cage daily.I get him out about 30-45 minutes at a time,two to three times a day most days.But every day he is out at least half an hour to 45 minutes. In cage,I talk to him & keep him company.move his toys around,change toys so he always has something different to play with,and make sure he's cleaned out good,and can always take a bath since he likes a bath 2-3 times a day. I'm finding the happier he is,the better behaved bird he is. Spoil the bird and he seems to be less nippy. He also bites more & harder when strangers to him are around so I do not get him out when there is company in the house. Good luck with you bird. My Maurice will learn more and clam down as he gets older & learns more I hope. Meanwhile,I am just enjoying teaching him. When he bites,I do yell a weird sounding almost screech and that gets his attention and tell him NO BITES.He seems to be getting the idea. :thumbsup:
Sue1964
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 13
Types of Birds Owned: Barred Parakeets, plain one color Parakeets and 1 Green Cheek Conure

Postby Pajarita » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Well, my dear, your GCC is nippy because it's not spending enough time out of cage or with you AND because he is clipped. GCCs need access to their humans [clipping is frustrating to them and frustration means biting and/or screaming - it's also unhealthy for their respiratory system and does not keep them safer, quite the contrary!] and they are as needy as cockatoos so the usual 4 hours out-of-cage and 2 of one-on-one don't apply to them, they need much more UNLESS they have a mate.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to General Parrot Care