I noticed, on Saturday, that Tanya did not have any poop in her cage. She does tend to hold it, so I picked her up, which usually results in her going. Still nothing.
I gave her a bath, and she still didn't poop. She looked like she was eating, but she was just moving vegetables from the bowl to other places. Nothing was really disappearing. She also kept trying to fly, like she was in pain, or uncomfortable. This is the first time she has seemed in pain, or scared, By noon she still hadn't pooped, and she seemed listless, so we went off to the emergency room.
She was admitted yesterday afternoon. I thought she might be egg bound, but they said that she was not. Her regular doctor was not in, so she had an exotics vet last night and a different avian vet today. The estimate is for a 3 day stay, blood work, x-rays, isoflourine anesthesia, tube feeding, SQ fluids. They seemed pretty concerned and asked, given her condition, what I wanted them to do if her heart stopped. They seem pretty concerned.
The morning update from Doctor Noonan: Tanya is bright and alert, but still not showing any interest in eating. Despite gavage feedings, her weight is down slightly from yesterday. Further updates will be made when lab results are available.
I can go visit her at 6pm. I can't really make a decision on what to do until I know what is wrong. She has been on a new med for 9 days (Lipitor), so it may be related to that.
I can't worry about the money (We are already over $1000), that's why God invented credit cards. I won't give up on her, but I don't want to put her through a ton of stuff if it is going to happen again in a month, anyhow.