Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Navre and Friends in Boston

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Navre and Friends in Boston

Postby liz » Mon May 14, 2018 7:27 am

Shims at Lowes are untreated. I bought a couple packs and the birds are having at it. I lay them in different places and the Tiels find them and don't let go of their shim until it is gone. I found this is the easiest way to give them something to chew on while searching for other stuff.

Lightening hit a maple tree and broke some branches. I plan to if I get to it to put a big branch in a Christmas tree stand for them. With the bark still on I think Phoenix will be able to climb up to a branch.

There are no lights outside the cockatiel room. I do not cover the Tiels and let them have a natural dawn and dusk. My bird lights are still set to 9am to 5pm.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby Navre » Mon May 14, 2018 9:17 am

The shims are a good idea, Liz.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Mon May 14, 2018 9:22 am

I have the same problem with the house at the corner, across the street. They have a super strong light at the back of the house that lights up for minutes every time a fly goes by anywhere near it! Next time, try leaving covered only the side that faces the street just before you leave and whoever gets up first after that can uncover them completely.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Navre » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:50 am

Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:18 am

AWWWW! She is SOOOO beautiful! I love her turquoise and teal coloring with the black beak!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Navre » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:19 am

She's a little terror! She refuses to be held anymore. She just wants to fly, fly, fly! I figure it's good for her, so i just let her do it.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby liz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:08 am

She is enjoying her freedom. Myrtle did that but then started coming back to ride on my shoulder.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:19 am

It might be the breeding season, John. I can't say I have any experience with GCCs that only want to fly, fly, fly because all the ones I've had [not many, just four] wanted to be on me all the time... Codee is fine going back into her cage because Pablo is there waiting for her but, if and when he dies, I am getting her another mate because they obviously love having the company [you should see them sleeping together, side by side, inside their hut! It's the cutest thing!]. Speaking of which, what happened to the GCC that was found as a stray?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Navre » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Pajarita wrote:It might be the breeding season, John. I can't say I have any experience with GCCs that only want to fly, fly, fly because all the ones I've had [not many, just four] wanted to be on me all the time... Codee is fine going back into her cage because Pablo is there waiting for her but, if and when he dies, I am getting her another mate because they obviously love having the company [you should see them sleeping together, side by side, inside their hut! It's the cutest thing!]. Speaking of which, what happened to the GCC that was found as a stray?

They never relinquished him to us.

We might have another coming in, but lots of relinquishments fall through.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:58 am

Yes, and I bet you that many of the ones that 'fall through' are selling the birds in CL!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

PreviousNext

Return to General Parrot Care