Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Navre and Friends in Boston

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Navre and Friends in Boston

Postby Navre » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:43 am

Pajarita wrote:Yes, and I bet you that many of the ones that 'fall through' are selling the birds in CL!

Not sure. I avoid relinquishments. Either the people are devastated and I get very upset, or the people don’t give a crap, and I get very angry. Either way, it’s something I need to avoid. I’m not cut out for it.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:11 am

I hear you! The thing about doing rescue is that, although on the one hand is extremely rewarding, it's mostly a roller coaster of emotions with highs that make you feel good because you are helping animals, there are also super lows that make you feel like mankind is rotten to the core - and that up and down is terribly draining and stressful... at least, it is to me.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:16 am

www.rescueme.com has a cockatiel listed that only has one eye and has splayed legs. I have contacted this person since I already have special needs cockatiels. He has not made contact with me and it is upsetting. She is still listed though.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:45 am

Wait a day or two and send another message.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:39 am

The birds are still listed after about a month. The owner is going through all the requests. I send an email once a week. She would be happy in my flock. The non handicapped birds give the handicapped priority and do not pick on them.

I had many errands to do yesterday and did not get home until 6 pm. I went straight to the cockatiels to feed them. Phoenix was standing on the side of the tray waiting for me. When I opened the bird see he stood in the middle of the tray for first bites. The cockatiels let Phoenix and Gimpy get to the tray before they go to it. That is except for Jackie who considers herself a care giver for them.

Jackie is still chasing Andy trying to get his attention like he had done to Maggie.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:36 am

Love is in the air!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Navre » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:51 am

Nicky's new thing is to scream his head off until he gets let out of the cage. He then spends the day hiding under the couch. I cant wait for next week!!!
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:11 am

:lol: They can be real stinkers, don't they? I am having a hard time myself with Davy and Keku. Davy because he is the naughtiest thing with wings and Keku because she has now decided that she needs to chew every single electrical cord she can find and that the cardboard box the old ladies have on top of their cage is her own hidey-hole [thankfully, both Mami and Naida have been using the box inside their cage all the time and ignoring the one on top of the cage]. But, all this will pass... We have a saying in Spanish: There is no bad thing that lasts 100 years - but breeding season with difficult parrots can sure feel like it! :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:57 am

Navre wrote:Nicky's new thing is to scream his head off until he gets let out of the cage. He then spends the day hiding under the couch. I cant wait for next week!!!

That is so cute. Flip your couch over to see what he is up to. He can't be just sitting there.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Navre » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:34 am

Navre
African Grey