Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Navre and Friends in Boston

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Navre and Friends in Boston

Postby Pajarita » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:27 am

Well, that's the kind of thing that is a non-issue in my house because my birds never get people food if I can help it. What could it be that does it? Because I think the only thing they have in common is white flour, isn't it? I mean bread and pizza dough have yeast while muffins have baking powder but, aside from that, bread is just water and salt, same as pizza dough...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby Navre » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:34 am

Nicky has a big cardboard box. A mixer came in it, so it’s really thick. He chewed hold in it and he spends all day in it. I like to give him things to chew and places to hide, but I think he’s getting too attached to this.

Do you think I should take it away?
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:13 pm

It's the season, John. I noticed this morning that my Sophie is beginning to get real lovey-dovey [she flew to my shoulder and was making her 'special' sounds, rubbing her face against me and asking me to scratch her head] and she only does that when she is getting hormonal [short day breeders are not easy!]
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Navre » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:25 am

Nicky imitates this sound of fireworks that he picked up last summer. It’s become his favorite thing. It will cut right through you.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Navre » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:27 am

I found a treat that’s good for Ocean. It’s hard to train with sunflower seeds. She shouldn’t have too many, she is so tiny.

Seems like she loves sesame seeds. She loves to eat them off my finger. They’re so tiny, she can have a lot more.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby liz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:03 am

Navre wrote:Nicky has a big cardboard box. A mixer came in it, so it’s really thick. He chewed hold in it and he spends all day in it. I like to give him things to chew and places to hide, but I think he’s getting too attached to this.

Rainbow plays in cardboard boxes all year. When I took the first chewed up box away and gave him a new one. She squealed so loud my family thought I was abusing her. She has 3 boxes right now with the favorite toy in each one. It is a ball within a ball and a bell in that. She takes turns giving them attitude adjustments.

There is nothing wrong with cardboard boxes. You may want to keep dummy eggs on hand.

Rachel had a Quaker she named Walker. She had it for many years. One morning I found him dead with an egg in the cage.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Navre » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:23 pm

liz wrote:
Navre wrote:Nicky has a big cardboard box. A mixer came in it, so it’s really thick. He chewed hold in it and he spends all day in it. I like to give him things to chew and places to hide, but I think he’s getting too attached to this.

Rainbow plays in cardboard boxes all year. When I took the first chewed up box away and gave him a new one. She squealed so loud my family thought I was abusing her. She has 3 boxes right now with the favorite toy in each one. It is a ball within a ball and a bell in that. She takes turns giving them attitude adjustments.

There is nothing wrong with cardboard boxes. You may want to keep dummy eggs on hand.

Rachel had a Quaker she named Walker. She had it for many years. One morning I found him dead with an egg in the cage.

Nicky is a male, so no real egg issues.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Navre » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm

Happy Hatchday to you, Ocean! :danicing: :danicing: She is such a BEAUTIFUL bird! I LOVE LOVE LOVE her dark coloration!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Navre » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:36 pm

She got mad at me for being on the phone. Bit me about a dozen times. I had to grab a towel to get her off my neck.

Even later, once I had been off the phone, she flew to me and would not leave. Bit when I tried to take her off my shoulder, then sat with me all afternoon. Wouldn’t even step onto her cage. I just had to put her back as It’s starting to get dark.

Must be the days getting longer.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

PreviousNext

Return to General Parrot Care