Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

HELP! Mustache Parakeet

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

HELP! Mustache Parakeet

Postby ebrooks2471 » Wed May 18, 2016 12:17 pm

Can someone who owns a mustache parakeet help me learn a little more about mine. Arabella is a very sweet bird but complete opposite of my conure, and they hate each other. Arabella is 6 months old, not cuddly, but loves to be on my shoulder. I don't know anyone who has even heard of this type of Parrot except the lady who sold her to me. She has all types of birds and really doesn't seem to know a lot. Any advice? Anyone?
ebrooks2471
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Mustache Parakeet Green Cheek Conure Parakeet
Flight: No

Re: HELP! Mustache Parakeet

Postby liz » Thu May 19, 2016 7:36 am

Key Mustache Parakeet in the search. Something will come up to help you and you will find others who have them.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Fri May 20, 2016 12:12 pm

I don't have or ever have had one but I knew two people who had them - only both had pairs, not a single one and their behavior is completely different when they have a mate than when they don't. They are not really popular birds despite their beauty because they tend to be more aviary than companion...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Wolf » Fri May 20, 2016 6:21 pm

The moustached parakeet is very similar in nature to the IRN Almost any information that applies to the IRN will also apply to the moustached Parakeet. There will , of course, be some differences, but these will mostly be individual personality traits and not necessarily a species difference.

Just in case I am misunderstanding what information you are looking for give me a couple of examples of what you are looking for and I will try to help you. I am thinking that not understanding what you are looking for is or may be why you are not getting more of a response.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Return to General Parrot Care