Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Saving Unwanted Birds To Make New Ones?!?!

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Saving Unwanted Birds To Make New Ones?!?!

Postby JaydeParrot » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi there everyone,

I wanted to ask the oppinions of any UK based members (the site I'm talking about only really targets the UK) on their thoughts about a parrot based site known as MidlandParrots. Whilst the site mainly sells bird food accesories and cages the part that really confuses is their sponsor page where they give out a sad story about lots of different cases of parrots that they have rescued and then ask for sponsors to keep the rescued parrot happy and heathy. Meanwhile, if you click onto a different page of this same website it gives the prices of weaned baby parrots (anything from finches to macaws).

'scuse me whilst I get on my high horse here, but what the hell kind of message is that to send? COME TO US BUY AN EXPENSIVE, DIFFICULT TO HANDLE EXOTIC BIRD THEN ONCE THE NOVELTY'S WORN OFF AND YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH, JUST GET RID OF IT BECAUSE THERE'LL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE LIKE MIDLAND PARROTS TO TAKE CARE OF IT!

It's utter maddness!

(Sighs) ...You know what? after that rant I think I feel a whole lot better now...

Anyways that was my opinion, would be quite happy to hear others opinion on the matter, :roll: .
JaydeParrot
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Senegal Parrots.
Flight: Yes

Re: Saving Unwanted Birds To Make New Ones?!?!

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:04 pm

It seems to me that the site belongs to breeders who would also take in unwanted parrots -and, most likely, use them as breeders so they can sell the babies. I would not donate to a place like that. I don't even donate to The World Parrot Trust any longer since I found out they promote breeding of parrots for captivity (they call it something like 'responsible' breeding but how responsible is it to breed species that are in overpopulation as pets?!)
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to General Parrot Care