Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Concerned about health to often?

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Concerned about health to often?

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:57 am

That's great! Nothing like peace of mind, right?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby Tro » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:44 pm

Well we are actually waiting on blood work. But last night Tak was off I called the vet back today to tell him he is worse. The vet told me to bring him in for observation. About an hour ago the vet called and told me that he put Tak in a incubator and he wants him to stay the night as well as get in house blood wrk. I'm so scared right now Tak is EVERYTHING to me!
Tro
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Green cheeck conure

Postby Wolf » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:05 pm

This is why we all watch our birds so closely. Just like you we don't want anything to happen to them, not only can they not really tell us how they feel, they also try to hide it when they don't feel well. It really pay to watch them and their behaviors and to trust our feeling even when we can't put our finger on why they seem to be off. It is the only way that we can catch an illness fast enough. Please keep us post about him and what the vet has to say. Hope it is only something little and all comes out well.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:01 am

CBCs can be done in-house and in minutes so they should be able to tell if he has an infection right away - did the vet start him on the usual wide spectrum antibiotic protocol? Please let us know how it goes, we all care very much about each other's birds...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to General Parrot Care