Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

I'm back! (Update on Sidney)

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: I'm back! (Update on Sidney)

Postby Pajarita » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:13 pm

Of the four GCCs I've had, none of them played with toys and they only chewed during breeding season so if you can't get her to play with toys, I would not worry too much.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: I'm back! (Update on Sidney)

Postby Wolf » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:55 am

I can't say whether your bird will decide to play with toys or not, some do and some don't. But then again they do all need something to chew on, even if they only use it infrequently. They do make shreddable toys, but you can easily make your own by balling up sheets of plain paper, giving the bird boxes of corregated cardboard that are too small for a nest, or even some untreated pine wood, they don't care about it being colored, that is a human thing. Of course if you have access to untreated bird safe trees you can make toys out of smack pieces of the branches with the bark left on, they love to chew the bark off. Just some ideas that might help.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to General Parrot Care