Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

HELP! What do I do?

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: HELP! What do I do?

Postby Bird woman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Very interesting Karen , this is the first I've read about it. Thank you for the link. :thumbsup: I see you have 2 green wings are they a bonded pair? I also have 2 one for 17 years and his buddy just a few months. They bonded and it's been a nightmare since. I'd like to hear about yours.BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Re: HELP! What do I do?

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:55 am

OH's CAG started plucking after we lost his CAG mate. He has a TAG pal now.
We found a recipe were you put a teaspoon of rose oil and a teaspoon of glycerin in a litre spray bottle of water shake it up well before use each time and spray them once a day in the morning.
Spray later in the day if needed, but make sure they are dry by bedtime.
Its seems to work to stop them plucking with a lot of birds as I have passed this recipe on to friends and they have had success with it too.
You need to buy food grade rose oil and glycerin We get them from a pharmacy over here.
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow backed chattering lory: Kanga
Blackheaded caique: Tupi
Yellow thighed caique: Karo
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to General Parrot Care