Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Sexual Behaviors and Coping

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Sexual Behaviors and Coping

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:47 am

The other birds he has are not only all passeriformes, they all belong to the 'true finch' family, the fringilliedae, so, although they are all aves, finches and parrots are two completely different types of animals - especially when it comes to diet (finches and canaries are natural grass seed eaters while parrots are not).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:31 am

I make my oatmeal with water and add walnuts and some dried fruit. They get their portion before I add the stuff that is not good for them.

Rainbow and Myrtle love grapes as I do. Rainbow peels her grape before eating a bite. Myrtle hollows out the grape and leaves it skin in tacked. When grapes are in season we eat a lot. I believe that since in nature you only eat what is available where you are. I cannot afford grapes for me at this time of year but I buy a cluster for my kids to share. I get some strange looks from the cashiers for buying 6 or 8 grapes at a time.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:08 am

I make oatmeal with water first, then add dried powdered milk to mine and honey afterwards.
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow backed chattering lory: Kanga
Blackheaded caique: Tupi
Yellow thighed caique: Karo

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:02 am

I don't particularly like regular oatmeal but I love the Irish kind where the groat is not rolled and flattened but cut into little pieces (I cook it in whole milk with lemon peel and vanilla extract and add brown sugar, chopped nuts and a bit of butter to it when ready - YUMMY!!) But my birds don't get any people food.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to General Parrot Care