Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

My Green Cheek wont stop regurgitating. Whatt do i do?

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: My Green Cheek wont stop regurgitating. Whatt do i do?

Postby Pajarita » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:24 am

My GCC loves her gloop, all fruits and some veggies. I feed her gloop (a dish made out of cooked whole grains, beans and chopped veggies), one large piece of fruit, one smaller piece of veggie and a small leafy green (I still haven't been able to get her to eat this one, though) for breakfast and a low protein seed mix for dinner (budgie in the winter and cockatiel in the spring till halfway through the molt in late summer). She gets a different one every day and, as Liz suggested, I always try to make it a different color -like green grapes and tomatoes, mango and green pepper, blueberries and red pepper, that kind of thing. This is because produce of the same color tends to have the same kind of phytonutrients (antioxidants, enzymes, etc) so by giving them two different colors, you are kind of 'balancing out' nutrition.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to General Parrot Care