Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

How to get my African Grey Congo to enjoy a bath

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

How to get my African Grey Congo to enjoy a bath

Postby MsBasscat » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:03 am

My Grey hates baths, she's three years old and I thought she would get use to baths. I want it to enjoyable for her what can I do?
MsBasscat
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: African Grey Congo
Flight: Yes

Re: How to get my African Grey Congo to enjoy a bath

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:05 pm

None of the grays that I've had under my care [six of them] liked to bathe so I would not worry too much about it. My Sophie does take a bath on her own but once in a blue moon and it's all for show [lots of gyrations and dippings and water all over the place but she ends up with just a wet face]. Sometimes, I manage to spray her a bit but not much because she lives cage-free and is a VERY good flier so, when she sees me coming with the spray bottle, she keeps on flying away from me and going up high on the platforms where I cannot reach her [smart cookie that she is! :D ] so I have kind of resigned myself to the fact that she is dirty birdy :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to General Parrot Care