Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

senegal constantly screeching

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

senegal constantly screeching

Postby yantic19 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:16 pm

my friend has a a senegal that constantly screeches. it's driving her and her husband crazy. any suggestions?
yantic19
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: lovebirds and a yellow winged parakeet
Flight: No

Re: senegal constantly screeching

Postby Pajarita » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:58 am

Without knowing the circumstances is impossible to give you any pointers, my dear. A constantly screaming bird is a deeply unhappy bird but we need to know what is making the bird unhappy before we can give any advice because there is no silver bullet, no trick and no magic to keeping a bird healthy and happy - just a whole lot of work and time put into it. But, without having any information whatsoever, I can tell you that USUALLY [and I am not saying that is the case here] is because the bird is given the wrong diet and/or kept under the wrong light schedule and/or kept in the cage for too many hours and/or the poor thing has not bonded to anybody and is terribly lonely. So, please, tell your friend to join the forum and tell us [or you can tell us] how old the bird is, male or female, how long they've had it, what is the bird eating, how many hours out of cage, how many hours of one-on-one, clipped or flighted, who is the chosen human and whether this human is the one that is home during the day.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: senegal constantly screeching

Postby yantic19 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:15 pm

i did post a reply to your questions today.
yantic19
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: lovebirds and a yellow winged parakeet
Flight: No

Return to General Parrot Care