Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

please help me figure out my budgies sex

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

please help me figure out my budgies sex

Postby alyssakatelyn » Thu May 30, 2019 11:22 pm

hey i got a budgie from petsmart a week ago now and i know it’s younger than 4 months because of its head stripes, can someone tell me if it’s a boy or a girl? :) i’m pretty sure it’s a girl but i’d just like to clarify thank you
Attachments
EECD1CBE-C2D5-4972-AAB8-69DAAFA64CB0.jpeg
EECD1CBE-C2D5-4972-AAB8-69DAAFA64CB0.jpeg (58.64 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
alyssakatelyn
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: budgie
Flight: Yes

Re: please help me figure out my budgies sex

Postby alyssakatelyn » Thu May 30, 2019 11:33 pm

also, it now lets me pet it, eats from my hand, and allows me to move things in it’s cage around without a fuss is this good progress so far? she refuses to learn step up though lol :monk: :amazon:
alyssakatelyn
Parakeet

Postby Pajarita » Fri May 31, 2019 8:26 am

Yes, it's a girl but I don't know how you managed to tame her so fast - unless the bird is severely clipped and you are using flooding techniques, which I sincerely hope it's not the case. Now, you do know that a single budgie does not live a healthy and happy life, right? Wouldn't you consider getting her a mate? It would really be the kind thing to do for the poor lonely animal...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby alyssakatelyn » Fri May 31, 2019 10:31 am

Pajarita wrote:Yes, it's a girl but I don't know how you managed to tame her so fast - unless the bird is severely clipped and you are using flooding techniques, which I sincerely hope it's not the case. Now, you do know that a single budgie does not live a healthy and happy life, right? Wouldn't you consider getting her a mate? It would really be the kind thing to do for the poor lonely animal...

thank you for replying! but no her wings have never been clipped i just spend a lot of time with her ahaha :) and yes of course i will be getting her a mate soon i read that it’s very hard to train 2 at once :budgie:
alyssakatelyn
Parakeet

Return to General Parrot Care