Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Book on ekkie care

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Book on ekkie care

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:59 am

He says he has over 60 years of experience because he started breeding ekkies at age 9 but what could he have possibly known or understand at such young age? I could say that I started breeding canaries when I was 8 because I used to help my cousin's grandfather with his but that would be a lie because it wasn't me that was breeding them, it was the grandfather - and all I did was the grunge work: clean cages, scrape perches, wash bowls, etc. Did I learn anything in the process? I am sure I did but like anything that we knew about birds 50 and 60 years ago, it was, most likely, the wrong kind of info. Also, if you look at his resume, you will see that everything he has done in his life has been related to exploiting birds for his own benefit so, in truth, I don't know how valuable any info he could give could possibly be! And this is not even taking into consideration that anybody who loves birds would not even consider breeding any parrot for the pet trade - much less eclectus which have such a super specialized diet and social structure that they don't last more than 25 years in captivity!

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/4382599
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to General Parrot Care