Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Real bad idea!

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Real bad idea!

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:00 am

Allowing a dog to play with a tiny lovebird! And, to make things worse, the bird must be clipped because, if he wasn't, he would have taken flight already... Can you imagine how stressed out, scared and anxious that little bird must be?! People really have no idea how to care properly for a bird, do they?

https://www.aol.com/video/playlist/PL10 ... 946bb4a2b/
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Real bad idea!

Postby liz » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:56 am

The only time there was contact between furries and birds is when a lovebird got loose and my cat pinned it to the floor until I could get it. She had her legs crossed over it.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:08 am

My bird do fly around the dogs but they hardly ever go to ground (they mostly fly from the top of the kitchen cabinets to the top of my china cabinet to the island or countertops) but, if they did, my dogs are trained NOT to react. I don't teach my dogs tricks but they all know not to bother the birds, the cats or each other (although this is not 100% successful right now because of two strays that, obviously, had not been socialized with other dogs or neutered when young but they are learning).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:06 am

All of my animals except for the cockatiels know they are in the same family. They look out for each other.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Return to General Parrot Care