Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Noisy tiel

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Noisy tiel

Postby Pajarita » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:21 pm

This is an article about a woman who is taking her neighbors to court because of a single female tiel in the next apartment which the woman claims makes too much noise. And the reason I put it here, in General Parrot Care, is that the ONLY way a female tiel would vocalize often and for long periods of time is that she is overly hormonal and without a mate (females that are kept right do not make a single peep). All this problem would have been easily solved if the bird had been kept under the right conditions (plus, the bird would have been happier and healthier!).

As a personal note I would like to add that I have taken in overly hormonal female tiels that were kept as a single bird and it is true that they can drive you crazy with their vocalizations because they PEEP PEEP PEEP PEEP constantly! But I also think the woman is a mean-spirited person.

https://www.straight.com/news/1327671/n ... o-building
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to General Parrot Care