Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Appearing "dead"

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Appearing "dead"

Postby ptuga72 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:38 pm

bmsweb wrote:What's scary is the fact that our Green Cheek Eggs are due to start hatching in 2 days time and from speaking to breeders, they say its even more common to see little chicks in the nest box on their back with there legs up in the air!

Oh man, I'm lucky I don't breed, I don't think I would have a healthy enough heart :D

Good luck!
Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it.
You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
-Antoine de Saint Exupery
ptuga72
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Female Eclectus, 1 Green Cheek Conure, 2 Cherry-Headed Conures (fosters)
Flight: No

Postby bmsweb » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks touch wood both birds have been working really well together so I'm hoping for a smoothish run.

One of the breeders I spoke with said he nearly killed a baby by almost scaring it to death. First time he saw one on its back he thought it was dead and went to pick it up and both the bird and him got a fright! Green Cheeks . . they are so funny hey
bmsweb
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel, Green Cheek Conures
Flight: Yes

Postby Giantmoa » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:57 pm

I was talking to a pet store owner and he was telling about how some of the more relaxed birds that he sold would do this. He contributed it to overeating and sleeping it off xD I'm not sure how accurate that is but I have heard of this before. There is one species that I have heard this being common in... don't remember which though...
:gcc: Rainbow
Giantmoa
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
Flight: No

Previous

Return to General Parrot Care