Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Psychic Birds

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Psychic Birds

Postby MissLady9902 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:40 pm

We should probably move on to another topic....
Cathy

Busy beaks are quiet beaks!

:senegal: - Noodle
:gray: - Marvin
MissLady9902
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: A Senegal and a Congo African Grey
Flight: No

Postby Mona » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi Michael:

Don't forget their magnificent sensory abilities. They perceive the world differently than we do.

For example: Their eye sight is much different than ours. They can see both ends of the color spectrum: Infrared and ultraviolet. We can't see this.

They can also see across a horizon and are capable of focusing on several objects at the same time. These are all things that humans cannot do.

So...there very well could be an explanation for "psychic phenomenna" that is wider than just cognitive abilities. :thumbsup:

Thx!

Mona
Mona in Seattle
Phinneous Fowl (aka Phinney) TAG
Babylon Sengal
Doug (spousal unit)
Jack and Bailey (Gremlins)
Kiri (CAG)
http://www.flyingparrotsinside.com

youtube: Avian Flyers
Mona
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrots, Congo African Grey, Timneh African Grey
Flight: Yes

Postby alight15 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:22 pm

I've heard something about birds being able to read "Auras" in this documentary about psychic...ness

They stated near the end about animals particularly birds can see or sense it naturally and they even brought some birds(and animals) to people who came in after being shocked(and left a while to wait before the test) and they mostly stepped onto hands of people who werent shocked.

also something about bird food that was sitting in an open cup then poured into a food tray
then a new scoop poured into and identical tray, and a bird was sent into the room from a person to a stand,and left alone and it went to the fresh one,and they did this with 3 birds and they all supposedly picked the new bird food with little or no thought.

I will say that when you dont think of something as smart and it shows some intelligence it will surprise you,but it cant truly be known..yet can it.
Pet Birds & Safe Woods
Keet Korner
Other Links:
http://ezinearticles.com/?cat=Pets:Birds
http://www.birdcagestand.net
http://www.birdguys.com/pet-bird-articles.html
http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_1422_caring-parakeets.html
alight15
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Budgerigars

Postby Birdfriend777 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:35 am

We raise North American Wild turkeys. They do not have the "wild" bred out of them like the domesticated turkeys. They fly, swim like ducks, and tree roost. One season a few years ago, the turkeys laid and hatched late VERY late in season, and only one actually hatched and survived (thanks to incubation). It was too small to be put with the larger turkeys by itself, so I raised it as my own. It would sit on my should like a giant pirate, I would let it lay across my lap to nap during the day, we became VERY close. And it was VERY telepathic. To this day I've never experienced anything so strange! For example, It slept outside, and I slept inside. It would be very quiet in the mornings until I would lift my torso to get up in the mornings. And then it would start yelling at me. Every. Time. It was hilarious! Again, I was inside my house, not near any windows near it, and it was outside. No way could it hear/see any mocements within the brick house. (But I could hear it! Turkeys are LOUD!).

On the day it passed away, I "heard" it the whole day. My husband got annoyed because I couldn't stop the "Did you hear that? It sounds like the turkey crying! There it is, again! Did you hear that?" It contracted an illness from being near the other turkeys a year later. We didn't even know it was sick. But when I came home that day, I heard it crying the same exact way I had been 'hearing' it all day. I'm sorry for the terrible ending to this story, and I still miss my 'baby', though it is 5years later. But my point is that birds, we'll, specifically wild turkeys, have the ability to bond and be VERY telepathic. And if I hadn't encountered it myself, I would've thought this idea to be looney. But it couldn't be more true!
Birdfriend777
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 15
Types of Birds Owned: North American Wild Turkeys

Postby liz » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:06 am

I have a wild house with dogs, cats and birds. There are two dogs that can read my feelings and respond to them. One day there was nothing wrong with me except that I was tired. I sat down and put my head in my hands. When I looked up Riddick the dog was sitting right in front of me trying to read my emotions. I had a cat that not only read my emotions but acted on them. I went through a couple years of illness that I need help to take care of me. The cat stuck to me like it was glued. She did what she could to comfort me. Rainbow will ask me "huh" when he thinks there is something wrong. Myrtle will attach herself to me talking softly with her baby blabber.

They are not psychic but very attentive.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby GreenWing » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:40 pm

I think it's a sixth sense thing, and I agree it exists.
GreenWing
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥

Postby Pajarita » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:59 am

I don't believe that parrots have a special sense or telepathy or anything. What I do believe is that they are VERY empathetic and masters of the human body language and tone of voice.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to General Parrot Care