Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Another Water Bottle Question

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Another Water Bottle Question

Postby Pierre » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:23 pm

I found this site while searching for a water bottle source. I am a Derbyan Parakeet, and, I have a fairly wide bill. Though I am no taller than a cockatiel, my bill is twice as wide as theirs. My person is shopping for a water bottle for me. I dunk all my harder foods, and, I regurgitate in my water bowl. (I know this looks nasty, but it doesn't bother me.)

My person thinks she should not have to change my water bowl 5 and 10 times a day, so she is shopping for a bottle. She does not know which size of tube I should have on my water bottle. They come with 7/16ths and 5/8ths sizes. Which one should she buy for me?
Thanks for any and all help,

Pierre....
Pierre
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Derbyan Parakeet
Flight: No

Re: Another Water Bottle Question

Postby Azure Hanyo » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:38 pm

You are very good at typing for a parrot! :lol: Actually I have no idea what water bottle for you to use... I just wanted to be a smart-ass since I saw an opportunity to joke around. :mrgreen:
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Flight: Yes

Postby Rrrma » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:42 pm

What brand are you looking at? I don't think for a Derbyan that the size would matter.

My cockatiels use the same size my eclectus uses.
Sara, birdma to
Rosie(9), Vosmaeri Eclectus
Hardy(20+), Lilac Crown Amazon
Norma(14), Congo African Grey
Trinity(3) and Ginger(1), Normal Grey and White-faced Cinnamon Cockatiels
Rrrma
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Vosmaeri Eclectus, Lilac Crown Amazon, Congo African Grey, and 2 cockatiels(a normal grey and a white faced cinnamon)

Postby Nathaniel » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Azure Hanyo wrote:You are very good at typing for a parrot! :lol: Actually I have no idea what water bottle for you to use... I just wanted to be a smart-ass since I saw an opportunity to joke around. :mrgreen:

Dang it! You beat me to it.
"There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory."
Sir Francis Drake
Nathaniel
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Male Red-Bellied Parrot

Postby Azure Hanyo » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:04 pm

Nathaniel wrote:
Azure Hanyo wrote:You are very good at typing for a parrot! :lol: Actually I have no idea what water bottle for you to use... I just wanted to be a smart-ass since I saw an opportunity to joke around. :mrgreen:

Dang it! You beat me to it.

They don't call me "Lightning McGee" fer nuthin', young'un! :danicing:

...Uh...actually no one calls me Lightning McGee. And I'm probably not much older than you if at all. :P
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Return to General Parrot Care