Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Rainbow, Myrtle & Cockatiels

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Rainbow, Myrtle & Cockatiels

Postby Pajarita » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:50 am

Awwww, how sweet!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:39 am

Shadow is the only one left of my original cockatiels. He decided to flock when I set it up and has not been a pet for a long while. He has decided to be my pet again. He is now coming to where I am and talking to another. He has been coming up behind Tommy when Tommy asks for kisses. I love him as a pet but also love his freedom in the flock.

After Maggie died, Jackie pestered Andy until he accepted her as a mate. He has been trying to make contact with me and stands near Jackie when she is talking to me. He has always enjoyed my talking to him but he is getting really close now.

Rainbow really enjoys his cage even though he is free in the house. (Myrtle will not go in a cage no matter what I try) I am going to bring in the big cage that came with him and set it up the way I had it before. Then give the cockatiels another cage to play in.

Rainbow spends most of his day under the step stool. He has stopped chewing on my house. My morning schedule includes sweeping the small pieces of cardboard up and giving her new cardboard. He stands near by and watches me to make sure I leave his step stool.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rainbow
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Tommy Lacy Flutter Phoenix Jackie Andy Gimpy Louise

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:06 am

Yes, the zon breeding season is over. Mine have started their molt.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds

Previous

Return to General Parrot Care