Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Rainbow, Myrtle & Cockatiels

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Rainbow, Myrtle & Cockatiels

Postby liz » Thu May 30, 2019 4:54 am

Since I was set loose from the stomach pump, I was sent home yesterday. The blockage is not gone but diminished. Since this happened to me in my 40s the doctor thought I was able to continue with his instructions at home.
That time I needed surgery to get rid of it. I gave a student nurse permission to watch. She came back with gory details. I always give someone permission. They come back with more info than the doctor gives me.

When my son's car pulled in the driveway Myrtle was in the window. I did not get out right away and just watched her. She thought she saw me but was not sure. When Charles helped me out she went wild flapping and screaming. She landed on me before I was completely in the house. Rainbow started yelling "HELLO MOMMA" "C'MERE". Even the cockatiels got excited and I had to go to them and talk to each one.
I missed them as bad as they missed me.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:04 am

I make sure that every one knows I am visiting my aunt. I spend long hours and do not go at the same time every day.
We found out that her roommate was the one stealing from her. She had been stealing from everyone.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:18 am

Sheesh! Can't trust anybody these days...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:24 am

Yesterday I saw Impy and Andy in a corner. Andy's eyes were closed and I thought he might be sick with Impy comforting him. I checked later and they were both doing well back in the flock. I guess they just needed a cuddle at nap time.
At bed time Andy was back with Jackie and doing good.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby liz » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:37 am

The computer is deleting my posts. I will have to split them.

Phoenix is so funny. I can get within half an inch but cannot touch him. He has no aversion to walking on me though.
He was waiting for breakfast where I would put it down and ran over my hand to get to it. I guess he was really hungry that morning.

All is well in the cockatiel room. The boys all try to out sing each other. It is so funny. With a screen door on the room their little voices come through clear. There is cage wire on the screen door.

Rainbow and Myrtle are now hormonal together. Myrtle likes my neck but Rainbow really loves my ankle.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:13 am

I love your updates, Liz! Especially hearing about your tiels - they sound so happy with you! The zons are almost done with the breeding season and all behavior should stop soon.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:57 am

I did some monthly, scrub the wall, cleaning yesterday and found a piece of paper with 13 eggs under it. The girls had been laying their dummy eggs in the same place. I am so glad that non of them were fertile.
Between visiting Aunt B and my own medical appointments, I got lax. I need to get back to the daily cleaning instead of just changing dirty paper and sweeping seed shells.
:greycockatiel: :greycockatiel: :greycockatiel: :greycockatiel: :greycockatiel: :greycockatiel: :greycockatiel: :greycockatiel: :greycockatiel:
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:10 am

I hear you! I am also behind on my seasonal chores... Never did finish the spring cleaning and my front garden looks like one from an abandoned house! But what with my husband working so much, jury duty, my grand-daughter's bday party planning and the construction (couldn't do ANYTHING during the day as I had to 'hid' in my bedroom all afternoon long with the dogs and cats because the men would leave doors open all the time and the dogs would bark at them non-stop), my entire normal schedule has been screwed up. But i will catch up eventually...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:17 am

When I go in the cockatiel room I talk to each one calling his name so he knows who I am talking to. While I was talking to the others Tommy was giving me kisses. The next morning I found my precious Tommy at the bottom of the cage. He had died during the night. He was all tucked together as if he was sleeping there.

No more kisses for me. I really miss him so much. The little guy was a lover.

I really don't know how old he was. I have known him for 19 years. I don't know how long Rachel had him before I took him from her.

Shadow and Tammy are about the same age. I don't know how old Shadow was when I got him but I have had him for about 20 years. I am not looking forward to what will probably be soon with them.

I miss my sweet little Tommy so much. He was a sweet sweet little boy.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:26 am

Oh, Liz, I am SOOOOO sorry! It hurts so much when one of them dies! People think that when you have a number of animals, you don't feel the loss so much but they all have their own little spot in our hearts and the spot goes empty when they are no longer with us...

You better start adding milk thistle to their water to help with their livers and kidneys - all my old birds get it.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

PreviousNext

Return to General Parrot Care