Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Baby Conure with older Conure

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Baby Conure with older Conure

Postby Bogey » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey all, new to the site. A lot of great information on here. Ive had Bogey (my green cheek conure) for 6 months or so. Hes great, cuddly, and everything I had hoped for. I recently got another Black cap conure named Ashe. Bogey is 4.5 years old and Ashe whom I just got is only 11 weeks old.

Bogey seems as though he is scared of the new bird. He's not aggresive at all but he mostly just runs away whenever Ashe tries to get near. I assume this is normal as they have just met. Is this normal behavior and will they eventually come together and be social?

Another quick question as well. What is the best way to play with the baby? I got Bogey when he was 4 years old so this is my first experience with a baby. Currently I am trying foot toys out. He seems to like them and they should build his dexterity. He is extremely clumsy.

There are two of us taking care of them in our shared room. Both birds have seperate cages. Ashe is slowly learning but he is a baby and is very A.D.D. for lack of a better term. He can step up, although I still need more reinforcement with the command.
Bogey
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
Black Cap Conure
Flight: Yes

Return to General Parrot Care